Casino Design Awards 2020
The G2E Casino Design Awards are the only honors that specifically recognize excellence in the field of casino resort design and construction. Nominations for 2020 are being accepted now, deadline is August 9, 2020.
The Casino Design Awards are the only honors that specifically recognize excellence in the field of casino resort design and construction. The awards will be presented during a cocktail reception at G2E 2020, September 22-24 at the Venetian in Las Vegas, where winners will be presented with the “Gaming Vision” award. The Sarno Lifetime Achievement Award, named in honor of casino industry legend Jay Sarno, also will be presented.
Architectural firms, design companies and construction companies involved in the design, construction or architectural planning of a casino resort property are eligible to enter. For #10 Best Specialty Consulting/Innovation Performance Award, any company involved in the design, construction or architectural planning of a casino resort property are eligible to enter.
Entries will be accepted for 2019-13 (for facilities that opened Jan. 1, 2019- June 1, 2020).
Entries must be submitted online only (see form below). Video Presentations should not exceed two (2) minutes in length for each entry and be under 20MB.
Submissions must list all the companies, including the consultants that worked on the project and must be submitted as a team. The #10 Best Specialty Consulting/Innovation Performance Award, will be limited to one discipline.
The format for submission includes a typed description (max. 1000 words) of the project/entry in the box provided on the online form.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
All entries must be received no later than Friday, August 9, 2020.
Each entry will be judged on its own merits by a panel of five distinguished individuals selected for professional expertise in design, planning and construction. (Judges may re-categorize an entry if they believe it has been entered in the wrong category or it is better suited to another category.) Each entry will be scored on a scale of 1–10 (“1” being “Poor” and “10” being “Excellent”) using set criteria. One prize will be awarded to the entry in each category with the highest average total score compiled from each judge on the panel (except in cases of a tie).
Judges will evaluate each entry based on the following criteria:
• Unique and original thinking
• Compatibility and harmony of the project to its environment
• Consideration of geographic and climatic conditions
• Use of appropriate or innovative building forms and materials
• Inclusion of meticulous and inventive detailing
• Striving for special and unique design solutions to the positioning aimed at and the success achieved
Entries will not be accepted without payment. The fee for each entry is $150 for the first entry and $100 for any additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are accepted. If paying by check or money order (U.S. funds only) please make payable to “Casino Connection International LLC.”
Send all checks to:
Casino Design Awards
Global Gaming Business Magazine
ATTN: David Coheen
6625 S. Valley View Blvd. Suite 422
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Criteria: Optimum use of land; creative use of space planning to create easy flow of traffic; adherence to architectural themes throughout property; use of color, texture and other design elements for maximum effect. Firm must exhibit superior expertise at every design threshold. Particular attention to providing creative solutions for challenging opportunities. Dollar figures refer to total investment including land and construction.
1) Best Architectural Design for a Casino or a Casino Resort under $$100 Million*
2) Best Architectural Design for a Casino or a Casino Resort over $100 Million*
3) Best Architectural Re-design and/or Expansion for a Casino Resort*
Criteria: Superior use of space, textures, color and materials clearly identifying with property and/or specific use. Scale and scope of each project also will be considered.
3) Best Overall Interior Design for a Casino or a Casino Resort
4) Best Interior Design for a Casino Restaurant or Nightclub
5) Best Interior Design for a Casino or a Casino Resort Venue (all locations excluding the restaurant/nightclub category, including, but not limited to casino, retail facilities, spas, VIP Lounges and/or sports books)
6) Best Landscape Design for a Casino or a Casino Resort
Criteria: Successful implementation of a casino or casino resort with adherence to the architectural design and the owner’s vision for the property. Particular attention to unique construction solutions. Sensitivity to completion timing, budget and maintenance of a clean site. Optimum adherence to standards and procedures commensurate with a world-class construction entity.
7) Best Overall Construction Project for a Casino Resort under $100 Million*
8) Best Overall Construction Project for a Casino Resort over $100 Million*
9) Best Native American Casino Facility (Category limited to casinos and casino resorts designed and built for tribal government gaming. Judging will evaluate all aspects of design and construction.)
10) Best Specialty Consulting/Innovation Performance (including, but not limited to engineering, signage, lighting, mechanical, IT, environmental. Award will be presented to nominee with the most innovative and creative solution to the task.)
THE SARNO LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Jay Sarno literally invented the “new” Las Vegas 20 years ahead of his time, opening Caesars Palace in 1966 and Circus Circus Hotel Casino in 1968, the first two themed casinos in the world. His properties became instant icons on the Las Vegas Strip and although Sarno was unable to operate them profitably, he remained a player on the Las Vegas scene until his death in 1984. Sarno has come to be known as the “P.T. Barnum” of Las Vegas. For his vision and foresight, he was awarded posthumously with the first Casino Design Awards’ lifetime achievement award and since that time the prize has been named in his honor.
DISPOSITION OF ENTRIES
Entries submitted become the property of G2E. Information contained in an entry may be displayed, shown, duplicated, published or disposed of as G2E deems appropriate.
SAVE THE DATE
A cocktail reception and presentation honoring the Sarno Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, and Gaming Vision award recipients will be held at the Venetian during G2E 2020.
For questions please contact David Coheen at 1-702-248-1565 x227 or [email protected]